Why Work with a Professional Graphic Designer?
Updated: Apr 18
I so appreciate entrepreneurs and the courage it takes to launch a new business. The vision it takes. The optimism, commitment, drive, passion, sense of purpose, confidence, resiliency … It can be quite a ride and it’s not for everyone.
I especially love the energy that comes with a start-up, and have collaborated with many on their branding and print promotions over the past 20+ years. But I’ve also seen new entrepreneurs neglect the critical step of creating a solid graphic identity as a foundation for their organizations, and end up projecting an embarrassingly unprofessional image right out of the gate.
Here are my top 7 reasons to partner with a professional graphic designer:
1. A professional look and feel communicates quality. It generates trust and credibility. Your graphic identity makes that all-important first impression. Sophisticated audiences recognize, value, and respect quality. If you opt for a homemade look with your own company image, where else might you cut corners in your business practices? Having the right software to do the job is not enough. A solid knowledge of design principles and an eye trained for detail can make your branding and promotions both visually appealing and effective.
2. Collaborating with a professional designer saves you time, freeing you and your team to do what you do best. Most small businesses can’t ‘do it all’ in-house. An experienced creative partner can help streamline the process of developing marketing materials by interfacing with commercial printers, publishers, photographers, illustrators, and other specialists, and providing project management services as needed.
3. Hiring a designer can save you money. An experienced designer can usually hammer out a project quickly and efficiently, having already climbed the learning curves and put in the hours of practice. (S)he also has the right tools, design assets, and skillset for the job and knows where to find the resources specific to your project.
4. A professional image gets you noticed in a noisy, crowded marketplace. A great logo or promotion rises above the clutter to grab attention, pique interest, stoke desire, and prompt action, while making your organization look great and boosting your bottom line.
5. A graphic designer is a professional communicator and problem solver. Clear, strategic, user-friendly layouts, impactful visuals and precise, persuasive language help guide the reader through to taking action on your offer.
6. You get not just ‘production’ but an abundance of creative ideas, resources, and inspiration based on broad and deep experience in the world of design and marketing. This includes, not only cool, fun visual approaches and effects, but communication strategies you may not have considered.
7. Your business is worth it! Your graphic identity is more than your signature…It’s your reputation.
A client review: “I feel Linda was the right choice for me as a start-up business. Her understanding of marketing in general and for Kauai specifically is a great asset. Her patience, guidance, and timely responses have helped me feel comfortable and confident as a new business owner. I would highly recommend Kauai Design Graphics to any new or established business for design and marketing services.” –Larissa Varaday, Kauai Holistic Massage